Fashion Week Hair : How to Achieve the Perfect Top Knot
One of this seasons most popular hairstyles has to be the adorable Top Knot. The Top Knot is the ideal style for any occasion as it can easily be paired with a dressed up or down ensemble for the perfect look.
As one of New York City’s most sought after hairstylists, Jenny Balding is a Senior Stylist at Cutler Salon and specializes in cutting and styling women and men of all hair lengths, textures, colors, and special occasions. Her work backstage has also been seen on the runways of Marc Jacobs, Cynthia Rowley, Betsey Johnson, Proenza Schouler, Badgley Mischka and Carmen Marc Valvo. With inspiration from Fashion Week around the world, Jenny translates the season’s hottest trends into wearable, achievable, must-have styles for her clients.
Jenny shares how to achieve this look for a front row fabulous look during Fashion Week:
- Start with day two hair; this will be easier to manage since you already have, what we call, a ‘lived-in’ texture.
- Mist hair with dry shampoo, focusing primarily on the roots mainly – this will give your hair more texture, grip and volume.
- Then spritz a light hairspray throughout for some hold and grip.
- Sweep your hair into high ponytail. Keep checking what it looks like from your profile so you position ponytail in the most flattering point of your head for your face shape.
- Take the ponytail and back-brush from the underneath lightly – this creates a slight disheveled texture.
- Sweep around the base of the ponytail and pin using U shaped hairpins. These really anchor the hair best which means you will only need 2 or 3 to secure.