Saturday morning I had the opportunity of attending the 4th Annual Power Walk. The weather was perfect, the atmosphere was filled with great vibes and I was surrounded by amazing people supporting a great cause. Everyone was dressed in their team shirts and geared up for a 5k walk and being amused by men strutting their stuff in a pair of stilettos.
This event was appealing to all ages providing music from 104.7fm, balloon animals and face painting for the children. Even emcee Erica Bryant was enjoying herself with one of the Stiletto Swagger participants.
By far the best part of the morning was watching these brave men strut their stuff in a pair of stilettos. Playing Beyoncé to get these gentleman in the mood was the perfect confidence builder. These men gave a whole new meaning to the term “SWAGGER” as they competed to see who had the best swag.
Thought everyoine was having a great time, there could only be one winner and Garrett Lucas, Account Executive of Adams Outdoor Advertising was that well deserving contestant. He proved he had the most swagger by dancing, strutting and hyping up the crowd. He had some very impressive moves and did an outstanding job in his bright yellow pumps and matching socks.
I must commend all of the Stiletto Swagger Participants for your bravery, dedication and undeniable support for such a deserving cause. Also I must say i appreciate you finally feeling the pain women feel when strutting our stuff in our stilettos.
Winners of the day: Garrett Lucas won “Best Swagger” and Pete Marco and his shoes won “Best in Show,Peoples’ Choice.”
Congratulations to all the Stiletto Swagger Participants:
- Kendall Alley, Charlotte Market President, Wells Fargo
- Louis Amico, President, L.A. Management Company
- Tim Barber, Partner, King & Spalding
- Charles Bowman, Charlotte Market President, Bank of America
- Glenn Burkins, Editor/Publisher, Qcitymetro
- Riley Fields, Director, Community Relations, Carolina Panthers
- John Paul Galles, Publisher, Greater Charlotte Biz
- Tom Lane, COO, Center for Intentional Leadership
- Garrett Lucas, Account Executive, Adams Outdoor Advertising
- Pete Marco, COO, Luquire George Andrews
- Mark Miller, SVP, First Citizens
- Tim O’ Connor, SVP, First Citizens