The Redress Eco-fashion and Textiles Conference (REFTC), happening May 30 – 31 in downtown Raleigh, NC, highlights positive action, heartening changes, and innovative design within the fashion and textiles industry. Creating a dialogue among players within the industry, the conference also empowers emerging designers with resources and knowledge to expand their business. In addition, the Friday night Ecofashion Show and Marketplace provides access to fashion, accessories, jewelry, and other goods that were created in a responsible manner.
Spearheaded by role models such as Sass Brown (keynote speaker at the Welcoming Breakfast), ecofashion is transitioning from a trend to a burgeoning movement intent on shaking up the industry and inspiring a new generation of designers who are essential in carrying things forward.
So what can you expect to find at REFTC?
Informative and action-oriented sessions – geared toward helping you find resources to grow your business
Networking and connection-making opportunities – find potential new customers, mentors, and like-minded supporters
Professional, dynamic runway show – showcasing innovative, wearable, and accessible ecofashion collections
Curated marketplace – featuring handcrafted goods from the runway as well as other artisans and makers
Who are some of the speakers?
- Sass Brown, Acting Assistant Dean of the School of Art and Design at Fashion Institute of Technology, NYC
- Mike Fralix, TCSquared
- Nathan Rothstein, Project Repat
- Ryan Hurley, Vert and Vogue
- Eric Henry, TS Designs
- Molly Hemstreet, Opportunity Threads
- Grace Gouin, Appalatch
- Stephen Fraser, Spoonflower
- Barton Strawn, Lumina Clothing
- Technology and innovation
- How to create a sustainable supply chain
- The future of menswear
- Natural dyeing: where are we now?
- Working with a production partner to create a mutually beneficial partnership
- Retail and boutiques: what buyers and customers are looking for
- Digitally printed textiles: what is it and how do I do it?
Registration starts at $75 for Students, $100 Regular, and includes a General Admission ticket to the Friday night Ecofashion show and Marketplace. Redress Eco-Fashion and Textiles Conference brings together leaders from throughout the country who are intent on making the USA once again a pioneer in manufacturing, innovation, and sustainability. Join us this May 30 – 31 and join the movement!
Redress connects and champions eco-conscious designers and companies through event planning and marketing. It is our goal to be a catalyst for change within the mainstream fashion and textiles industry, making it more environmentally and socially responsible.
We hope to excite people and encourage them to take action in their own lives by actively thinking about their purchasing decisions and providing them access to amazing eco-designers.