DIY: Beauty Brush Cleansing
We all know how essential brushes are in the makeup application process. Moreover, flawless looking skin for your best look starts before the foundation.
As important as it is to use beauty aids, it’s also imperative to clean them! Leaving makeup residue on our brushes invites bacteria, which leads to acne. Some prefer the DIY approach as oppose to spending money on pricey sanitizing products; below are steps to achieving squeaky clean makeup tools!
What you will need:
Let’s get started!
- Pour a tablespoon of baby shampoo into a bowl, then add about a cup of warm water (water should not surpass brush bristles).
2. Start by dipping your first makeup brush into mixture. Swirl it gently towards the bottom of the bowl- this releases the contents within the brush.
3. Keep the previous brush in the mixture as you begin to add the next; follow steps above.
4. After cleaning the last brush, let them all soak for 5-10 seconds (precisely).
5. Begin to rinse each brush individually (bristles pointing downwards) under cold water to remove excess product, gently squeeze out left-over water.
6. Re-mold each brush (if necessary); press the hairs in between your fingers until original shape is achieved.
7. Dry brushes by laying them on top of a towel on a flat surface; avoid standing them upright as the water will get into the glue that holds the bristles together, and will damage your brush.
Featured Image: www.vibrantbeautynetwork.com