Attention all brides! With wedding season officially in full effect, there’s a new application on the market brought to you by David’s Bridal called My Event: http://www.davidsbridal.
With My Event you can efficiently plan your special day. This new tool allows you to:
-Build your own planning community and connect with your wedding party on their interactive newsfeed.
-Create mood boards for creativity and inspiration and create shopping lists for everyone in your wedding.
-Prioritize, assign, and organize your wedding to-do’s with customized task lists and manage budgets.
Below, are some planning tips from David Bridal’s Proposal STYLE Council Member and Wedding Planner Sarah Pease:
1. If you don’t have a wedding planner, enlist a friend who isn’t in your bridal party to help your prioritize and plan!
2. Keep reality in focus- know your budget and stick to it! It is easy to get wrapped up in having an extravagant wedding, but remember the day is really about you and your partner.
3. Choose a theme or symbol first to solidify the vision of your wedding; it will the party planning process easier.
4. If you’re thinking of a specific color, keep in mind what flowers are available during the time of your wedding, flowers in season are less expensive.
5. Ask for references and read online reviews of potential vendors before booking.
6. If you have older wedding guests, make sure there are plenty of places for them to sit down.
7. If you’re having a large number of guests with children ages 10 and under, hire a babysitter to watch them during the ceremony. You can also set up a children’s table or room at the reception, complete with crayons, coloring books, small toys, and games for entertainment.
8. Be cognizant of guests and their dietary restrictions, make sure there is something for everyone.
9. Seat people with similar interests and ages together, and put an even amount of guests at each table, as we tend to pair off in conversation.
10. Thank you notes are as important as your invitations. A great time to write them is on the plane ride to your honeymoon destination while the memory is still fresh.