Holiday cheer is in the air, which means shopping season is in full effect! For those of you seeking the ideal gift for that special someone, here are a few tips for all dating stages.
- Don’t purchase personal hygiene items such as a toothbrush, or a teeth whitening treatment; unless specifically requested (and even then, two words: Stocking Stuffer).
- Don’t guess when it comes to size. The phrase ‘size doesn’t matter’ is not applicable here; get it right, not tight.
- Don’t get too playful. If it must be opened in private, do not put it under the tree! Unless it’s a board game, you don’t want that present landing in the wrong hands at a holiday gathering.
- Do remember a few favorites; whether it’s a book, music, movie, TV series, preferred scent, or sports team – the fact you remember shows that you pay attention.
- Do get adventurous; purchase an activity you can do together. Here are a few versatile experiences to consider: Dance classes, cooking lessons, wine and design art session, kayaking, paddle boarding or simply a weekend getaway.
- Do give the gift that keeps on giving, such as a magazine subscription, a food & wine basket, or a couples’ massage.
If it’s your first Christmas together, or the fifth, take the time to put a little extra thought into what you purchase. Make your gift an expression of discovery; the purchase reflects how much you already know and a desire to learn more together.