Love and Relationships: Holiday Gift Guide
Holiday cheer is in the air, which means shopping season is in full effect! For those of you seeking the ideal gift for that special someone, here are a few tips for all dating stages.
- Don’t purchase personal hygiene items such as a toothbrush, or a teeth whitening treatment; unless specifically requested (and even then, two words: Stocking Stuffer).
- Don’t guess when it comes to size. The phrase ‘size doesn’t matter’ is not applicable here; get it right, not tight.
- Don’t get too playful. If it must be opened in private, do not put it under the tree! Unless it’s a board game, you don’t want that present landing in the wrong hands at a holiday gathering.
- Do remember a few favorites; whether it’s a book, music, movie, TV series, preferred scent, or sports team – the fact you remember shows that you pay attention.
- Do get adventurous; purchase an activity you can do together. Here are a few versatile experiences to consider: Dance classes, cooking lessons, wine and design art session, kayaking, paddle boarding or simply a weekend getaway.
- Do give the gift that keeps on giving, such as a magazine subscription, a food & wine basket, or a couples’ massage.
If it’s your first Christmas together, or the fifth, take the time to put a little extra thought into what you purchase. Make your gift an expression of discovery; the purchase reflects how much you already know and a desire to learn more together.